Free Income Tax Preparation Service Initiative

Free Income Tax Preparation Service Initiative

To Whom Much Is Given, Much Will Be Required - The idea of “to whom much is given, much will be required” is that we are held responsible for what we have. If we are blessed with talents, wealth, knowledge, time, and the like, it is expected that we use these well to glorify God and benefit others.

With that said, we are proud to announce the launching of Free Income Tax Preparation Service Initiative. With this Initiative, we hope to achieve the following objectives:

  • Raise funds for your organization needs (voluntary contribution)
  • Mentor our youth for future professional careers - Your youth will learn to Prepare Taxes and Make a Difference at the same time to their own community.  
  • Create a bridge within our communities

So, if you’re a non-profit organization or an association in the Minneapolis and Saint Paul metro area that would like to partner with us for our Free Income Tax Preparation Service Initiative, please feel free to contact Mr. Amare Berhie @ 612-424-1540 or email to discuss the implementation of our initiative.  We Offer free Federal and State tax preparation with secure electronic filing and direct deposit.

2018 Locations - Volunteer Free Income Tax Prep Service Initiative

The Volunteer Free Income Tax Prep Service Initiative sites are where an IRS-Licensed volunteer will help prepare your taxes and see what credits you may qualify for.

Open Every Sunday February 1st to April 15, 2019

Debreselam Medhanealem EOTC

Medhanie Alem EEC

4401 Minnehaha Avenue

560 Snelling Avenue South

Minneapolis, MN 55406

St. Paul, MN 55116

Sunday 9:00am – 11:30am

Sunday 12:00pm to 2:00pm

Walk-ins welcome, first come first served

Walk-ins welcome, first come first served

What Should I Bring?

  • Proof of identification (photo ID)

  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents

  • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number

  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN

  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return

  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers

  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)

  • All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements

  • Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received

  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available

  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check

  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms

  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number

  • Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements

Additional Tax Information/Forms

  • If you paid student loans: 1098-E

  • If you attended a higher-education institution: 1098-T, documentation of tuition

  • If you owned a home: 1098, documentation of mortgage interest and property taxes paid

  • If you owned your own business: documentation of business income, business expenses and mileage

Do I Need To Make An Appointment?

Appointments are appreciated but walk-ins are welcome! Our Program runs from January to April 15, 2019.               

About Our Program: This Tax Preparation Volunteers program is a partnership between Amare Berhie & your Church and is operated by volunteers.

About Amare Berhie:

Amare Berhie, Enrolled Agent, founder & owner of ABA Tax Accounting, a public accounting firm and AB Tax Online, FREE e-Filing Tax Service is a Tax & Accounting professional and real estate investment consultant. IRS licensed and authorized by the United States Department of Treasury to appear on taxpayers behalf at all levels of the IRS, in ALL States and an Authorized IRS e-file Service Provider.

What are the limitations to services?

  • We can help most people with their tax returns, but some returns are too complex for this engagement. Here are services we do NOT provide:

  • Prior Year and Amended Returns

  • Schedule C with losses

  • Complicated & advanced Schedule D (capital gains and losses)

  • Form SS-5 (request for Social Security Number)

  • Form 8606 (non-deductible IRA)

  • Form 8615 (minor's investment income)

  • If you have a 1099-B (proceeds from a brokerage, if you bought/sold stock)

  • If you sold your home or if it went into foreclosure

  • If you moved for your job and would like to claim the moving expenses adjustment

  • If you received rental income

  • If you are an international student/teacher on a J,Q, F or M Visa

  • If you are a non-resident alien who needs to complete a 1040NR form

  • If you are self-employed and had expenses above $10,000, had a net loss, or want to deduct the use of your home as a business expense

  • If you are a registered domestic partnership (This is not the same as a same-sex marriage. We can file those returns.)

  • Form SS-8 (determination of worker status for purposes of federal employment taxes and income tax withholding)

Note:  For complex or out of scope returns, you may contact Amare Berhie at ABA Tax Accounting or other professional preparer for assistance.

What If I want To File For Free On My Own?

If you’d prefer to file online on your own, you may visit AB Tax Online. Federal tax is free for those who made less than $100,000 in 2015, single or married filing joint. 

Appreciation Acknowledgment from Medhanie Alem EEC:

Latest News

Newsletter Subscription

Contact Us

Please contact us by using the form below:

Phone Number
Best time to call
ABA Tax Accounting
10670 Hawthorn Trail, St. Paul, MN 55129
T: (651)300-4777 T: (612)424-1540
F: (651) 621-5755 E:
Back to top
© ABA Tax Accounting 2021
Search  Site Map  Privacy Policy  Disclaimer